Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Well this isn't fun
I hate being a complainer. I feel like I complain a lot. I am really trying to be one of those glass is half full, rose colored glasses kind of gals...but unfortunately, I am just not very successful at that. What is my problem now? Well, I was hoping to avoid the dreaded "ANGRY UTERUS" or uterine irritability that I had when I was pregnant with the twins. Let me tell you. My uterus must keep a grudge. I started noticing things may not be quite right on Saturday because I noticed a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions. But by the end of my shift at work I decided, gah, it's the dreaded angry uterus striking again, when for the millionth time I had to take a sharp breath in from the back pain that now accompanied my tightened midsection. I went home after work, drank a bunch of water...peed a lot...and then got put on call for the millionth time on Sunday night. I took the night to relax. We watched Romeo and Juliet (the modern Leo DiCaprio one) and I had my feet up drinking my loathed water (have I mentioned that I hate water on my blog before?) yet I still had my lovely uterus and back yelling at me. So on Monday I called my OB and the triage nurse told me to drink more water...somewhere between 3-4 LITERS. I wanted to scream in the phone "I HAVE BEEN DRINKING WATER ALL MORNING AND MY BODY STILL HATES ME!" but I refrained and instead told her that it was now 1pm and I had already drank 4 20oz bottles of water. To which I was told that "A lot of people carry bottles of water around but that doesn't mean that they drink them". I can't argue this. It is true. I am one of those people. But not today. I just took a deep breath and asked what else she wanted me to do. So I got an appointment with my doctor today. My orders; 3 days worth of Motrin and rest. Then reevaluate. And I got a fetal fibrinectin test done. Which I am sure will be negative like it was all last pregnancy. So I guess that means that this girl will be stuck slowing down (GASP) until the end of September. The thing that really stinks is how early I am compared to LAST time this happened. I am only 23.6 weeks. Last time I was 29 weeks. Oh the joys of pregnancy. I sure hope this little boy knows how much I love him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment