Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Thrifting It

So I have never been afraid of used items. I was brought up to be thrifty and to be honest, some of my fondest memories involved my mom, aunt, cousin and I driving around town for garage sales. I haven't been as good about going to garage sales out here bc they just don't seem the same...and they start way earlier. So I rely on going to Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Savers. I'm actually pretty bummed because the Savers by us went out of business for some crazy reason. So now I try to go when I am in the city for doctors appointments and thing. 

Anyway. I was able to go to Savers the other day. First, let me start off by saying I had a list of things I needed for sure. I was in desperate need of something to wear at work, whether it be a navy or black shirt to wear under a scrub jacket, or even better, a scrub shirt. Well, scrub shirts for us preggo ladies are $25. AUGH. For 4 or 5 months use. No thanks. Also, Elijah was in desperate need of shorts for the summer. So I headed to Old Navy figuring they have maternity shorts and inexpensive shorts. I bought 2 shirts for me and 2 shorts for Elijah. $38. Then, during our travels I stopped at Savers. Wow. Should have gone there first. I ended up with 5 pairs of shorts for Elijah, 5 baby items, and 2 scrub (MATERNITY SCRUB!!!!) shirts. For $25. All nice condition. All name brands. Score for me. On the way home I returned my items to Old Navy. 








I also was able to go to a few yard sales last Saturday. And I found a house with only a few things...but what I needed! I got this play mat ($70 playmat!) for $5! I also got the exact same swing that I had with the boys for $25. When I got it home, the music doesn't work and I need one bolt (which shouldn't be hard to get) but otherwise it is in good shape. I know this thing cost $140 new so I am not complaining in the slightest! It plugs in so I don't need batteries and they use it for such a short time. If this baby is anything like Noah it is a necessity. He lived in the swing. I am so happy to find inexpensive buys!



No comments: