Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Untitled.



I don't even know how to title my posts any longer. It's always the same thing. "Behind." "Updates." "More news." "Here's the Kids." And again, for the millionth time I will say that I wish I was better with words and could write something that was much more interesting. Heck, for now I would settle for figuring out why for the past few posts I haven't been able to type anything unless its posted as a photo "comment". I am SOOO not computer savy.

I feel like I don't have many good photos. I guess that's because I don't. I have a camera with me at all times, but as you can see, pictures just don't ever turn out quite right. Noah always smiles nicely with a big "cheese", but he cannot sit still for anything so he's always slightly out of focus. Elijah just always seems to get annoyed or blinks. And Jonah. Well. Jonah just cannot look at the camera. He is CONSTANTLY looking the other way. It's a little annoying that apparently to get a good photo I need to go on a trip to California. If only we had gotten a whole family shot it would have been perfect. Oh well. C'est la vie!

Everyone always asks how the kids are. They are great. As far as kids go at least. I mean, Elijah is already acting like a teenager. Very moody. Crys at the craziest things. He gets frustrated with his little brothers. He's on more than one occasion asked me why I didn't have a playmate for him that was his age. Today he added to this and said he wished that he had an older brother and wasn't the older brother himself because he wanted someone to play basketball with. I tried to tell him that he was special because he was the oldest but he didn't believe me. He's doing well in school and enjoys kindergarten, but also can't wait for summer so that he doesn't have homework.

Jonah is all about Batman. He just wants to be Batman. The problem is...he's a big scardey cat! This was today's conversation.
Me- "Jonah, go get your clothes on."
Jonah- "I can't. I scared."
Me- "Scared of what? You're clothes?"
Jonah- "No, the dark."
Me- "Dude, it's daytime and you curtains are open. It's light. Go get your clothes on."
This went back and forth until I finally agreed to hold his hand while he walked to his room. So we get into his room. This is the NEXT conversation.

Jonah (very upset)- "Where's my black Batman shirt?"
Me- "It's in the wash. You wore it yesterday. Here's your grey Batman shirt, wear that!
Jonah (in a VERY annoying whining voice)- "NooOOoo. I no want THAT shirt, I want the black one"
Me- "You can't wear the same shirt every day. You have a lot of cool shirts. Pick something else."
Jonah- "I no want something else. I want my black Batman!" Huffs off.
Augh. Kids and their favorite shirts!

Then Noah. Noah, well, Noah is crazy. He is constantly telling me no and when he gets into trouble, he is sure to tell me how much he hates me. Then five minutes later he tells me how he loves me so much in his heart. Really? Because I'm pretty sure you gave me death glare like, two seconds ago.

Children. Gotta love them!  


No comments: