Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Busy Boys

We have busy boys. Extremely busy boys. So much so that sometimes I need to come up with ideas for them to do. Like here Jonah is playing with a concoction of cornstarch and water. It gets hard or liquid-like depending on if you are holding it or not.


Toys work for awhile,


as does pretending you're a super hero.

They are workman...

and sometimes just plain cute.

Unfortunately, sometimes I think that they are animals. Literally. On a few occasions (note: not just once) they have pulled down the curtains in their room.  They have pulled off all of the letters spelling Elijah's name that were over her bed and not satisfied with that, they went back and pulled all of the nails out of the walls. They have knocked giant boards off the wall, broken countless items in our house, trashed our floor with crumbs, milk, spit (yes, spit. They recently learned they can get an "EWWW!" reaction from Elijah when they drink water and then spit it out at him. Gross, I know). We have shampooed our carpets but to be honest that lasts, what, a week? Maybe?  I just clean up one thing and they get out another. I can barely get laundry done and the dishes cleaned up. They scream ALL-THE-TIME. And there are daily battles with what clothes they wear as Noah has become SOOOO picky about having favorite characters on his shirts/pajamas. Thankfully some days are better than others and I feel like I have entirely different children. I only with I knew what exactly caused the different "better" behavior because I would love for the good days to be the norm.

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised that I have been suffering daily headaches. They are sometimes accompanied by nausea. Sometimes dizziness. Sometimes the dizziness lasts all day. I have random twitches. I feel like I can't think. I can't ever find anything because someone has taken it and put it somewhere (hopefully not the toilet). My poor feet (and Jake's) step on dinosaurs, legos, army men, and action figures. I think I may be suffering from some anxiety. It is very hard for me to focus on things right now. I really wish I could know that this is a short-lived thing. To be honest, this "boy" thing is foreign to me. I know I have a brother, but he wasn't this crazy. They have so much energy. If only we had a finished backyard with a huge jungle gym that I could have them use all the energy. Sigh...Maybe I could win a new backyard from Better Homes and Gardens. Maybe I should put an ad on Craigslist. "Frazzled mom desires complete complimentary backyard remodel suitable for 3 young rambunctious boys to be gated in so she can make dinner in peace." Ha! If only it were so easy.

Oh well. Right now they are watching Horton Hears a Who and are somewhat quiet. Maybe if I make them popcorn it will last a little longer and I can take some Advil and actually drink a HOT cup of tea (in other words drink it right after I poured it instead of it sitting for 3 hours before I remember I poured it). 



No comments: