I took this picture the other day when Elijah first started feeling better. He actually wanted to play a little bit. Here he is playing with his cars. He loves "vroom"ing around.
This is him when he was sick. Poor thing. All he wanted to do was sleep or sit in his chair and watch movies. I hate to have him watch TV all day but I had to think about what I do when I am sick...lay around on the couch and watch TV. I think we watched Finding Nemo AND Cars once a day when he was sick. He would come up to us and give us the movie and then crawl in his little chair. Granted, he still does that now that he feels better but he's much more animated about it now and kicks his feet and claps his hands. Way cute. He doesn't get as much TV time though...he can play and run around since he feels better...right?
One of his favorite things is to read books. He LOVES it. I am so glad because Jake and I both love(d) to read. I say that b/c who really has time for books with a one year old. I am just working on reading my Bible through this year (I am close to catching up to the halfway point..I got a little behind). Anyway. He reads books in his crib when he wakes up, before his nap, and before bedtime. I don't have to read the books to him all the time either. Sometimes he just goes into his room, grabs his blankie and a book and gets on his little toddler bed to read. It's very sweet to hear him read in the morning too. I am so blessed to wake up to Beethoven or Bach from his music box (it was a mobile but that part comes off) and hear him "abada la ama....". That's how I know he is actually ready to get up. It's funny but if he wakes up crying, he's not ready to get up. I just let him fall back to sleep. In a little while he'll wake back up again happy and reading. Then when I go to get them he has to stand up, go to his music box, push a new button and wiggle his little bum to the music. Then he smiles, plops down and shows me his book. Predictable but very sweet. I just love him to pieces.
Well, I best be going.
No comments:
Post a Comment